Your Garden In September
As we enter Autumn the gardens turn many colours from reds, to yellows and oranges. Dead heading becomes more frequent and harvesting our fruit and vegetable crops.
1) Before leaf fall, protect ponds with netting. Clear out any fallen leaves before placing netting.
2) Herbaceous perennials need dividing as the weather cools and water in the new divisions well. Remember also to deadhead to encourage further growth the following year.
4) Deadhead roses, penstemons and dahlias to keep the flowers coming.
5) Crops to harvest:
6) Maintain a good level of watering new plants, using collected rain water if possible.
7) Prune climbing plants that have finished flowering
10) Preserve any excess veg or fruit through freezing, drying, pickling and storing so they don't go to waste.
To receive our newsletters each month, tips and special offers please visit our HOME page, scroll down and complete your details to receive our subscriptions.
You will also receive a code to benefit from 10% discount on your first purchase.