Your Garden In May
Lots of gorgeous colour, grass growing quicker than you can mow it and drier longer days are upon us at last. May is the last full month before the summer begins and can also be the start of increasing temperatures so here are a few reminders of what we need to do in the garden.
1) You can plant out summer bedding at the end of the month.
2) Use your water butts as much as possible for watering the plants. Water early or late at night for the plants to get the most out of watering.
3) Mow your lawn weekly.
4) Weeding, weeding and more weeding (if only our intended plants grew as well).
5) Ensure you air your greenhouse regularly when it's warm and sunny.
6) Divide herbaceous perennials continually to create new plants and maintain plant health.
7) Check for nests and wildlife while pruning/clipping hedges and trees.
8) Protect plants, flowers and vegetables from pests and birds.
9) Prune and clip evergreen hedges.
10) Tie supports to any plant, flower or vegetable that need it.
11) Earth up potatoes and quickly plant any still remaining.
12) Take time out to sit back and relax after all your hard work.
RECEIVE 10% DISCOUNT CODE
Simply Visit our HOME page, Scroll Down and Complete The Subscribe Box