Your Garden In February
Updated: Oct 24, 2019
The last official month of Winter and flowers are starting to make an appearance in this month. There can also be snow and freezing temperatures so all gardeners needs to be prepared for all weathers.
2) Keep birds away from your fruit and vegetable crops with netting.
3) Cover ground with mulch still for the colder days with leaves or home made compost to protect until Spring weather arrives.
4) Keep off lawns or bedding areas to avoid soil compaction. Use aerators when necessary for water logged areas.
5) Wall climbing plants will need pruning.
6) Prune evergreens hedges. Clear out dead leaves, prune dead & dried branches from deciduous hedges and hose spray to avoid pests and expose them for birds to eat.
7) Aerate your compost
8) Divide your bulbs plants such as snowdrops.
9) Protect early flowering fruit plants such as blackcurrants from frost by covering them with fleece or hessian.
10) Keep newly potted flowers or vegetable seeds under cover.
11) Protect fruit tree blossom such as peaches, nectarines and apricots.
SUBSCRIBE & RECEIVE 10% DISCOUNT CODE
Click HERE and scroll to the Subscriptions Box